Cone Beam CT Machine
At Cockfosters Dental Clinic, we are committed to offering the best dental treatment. As part of this commitment, we have invested in state of the art equipment, including at Cone Beam CT scanning unit.
Cone beam CT provides high resolution, volumetric images that are complete three-dimensional views of critical anatomy, allowing for more thorough analysis of bone structure and tooth orientation. The accuracy of CBCT is comparable to medical CTs but uses a much lower radiation dose. You sit in a chair (as opposed to a tunnel) and the time for a dental scan is just twenty seconds.
Whereas typical dental X-rays focus on a small area to produce flat, 2-D pictures, CBCT provides more complete, more accurate, and more visual imagery – allowing your dentist to study your case more accurately and plan more effectively.
Cone beam CT scans offer benefits to you and your dentist across the following areas:
* Dental Implants: The quality of CBCT scans allow your dentist to plan and place dental implants much more accurately, offering you benefits in diagnosis through to treatment and post-op examinations.
* Orthodontic: Cone beam images are clear and accurate, allowing for improve orthodontic diagnosis and treatment.
* Impaction: CBCT gives your dentist a precise 3D view of impacted molars within the bone, showing their position in regards adjacent teeth and proximity to vital structures such as the nerve canal and sinus walls.
* Analysis: Cone Beam CT assists in both detecting and evaluating possible problems, thanks to accurate measurements of bone and jaw deformities. This allows your dentist to assess bone lesions and changes of the jaw and detect cysts, tumours, and disease.
* TMJ: A CBCT image allows your dentist complete TMJ analysis and diagnosis, showing a clear image of joint space and any dysfunction.